I want to be
like a babe in the womb
like the soft, free wind above the galaxy
but I'm me.
Any moment, I'll rise
high above my life.
I'll overcome the monotony
like a host of heavenly angels.
REFLECTION: Ever feel trapped within yourself? Like there is a larger YOU confined inside? Searching for a way out? That's how I feel. Like bursting out of myself, my life, my circumstances, my walls.
But there is no burst. Just a slow creep. A steady striving. Like the drip,drop drip,drop of a faucet that cannot completely be turned off.
So I search for the opening. With every new step, new choice, new attitude, I slide my fingers across the circumstantial walls and rap with my knuckles, looking (and listening) for the weak spot. The spot where I will have to pick at in order to make that small break. A place where I can slide in one fingernail and begin to pry an opening for myself. From a slit to a dent to a crack to a hole to new freedom.
I've got to wiggle my way. I have to contort myself. Fold some parts in. Stretch other parts out. Reach. Reach. Reach. Always with the reaching.
I've got to get out of me.
Because....
I want to be
like the soft, free wind above the galaxy
Because...
Any moment, I'll rise
like a host of heavenly angels.
Whom the Son has set free....
(c) Copyright 2012 by E C Jones
No comments:
Post a Comment